We’ve got three options for making a delicious turkey this season!
How To Season A Turkey
From injecting to brining see the options that are easy and flavorful.
Injecting A Turkey
- Add 1.5 Cups of chicken stock to the Basting Bowl/Pot
- Add the butter and season to taste with Rub A Dub
- Heat until butter just melts and remove the basting pot from the burner
- Allow to cool slightly on the counter
- When ready draw the solution into the injector and inject into the protein in many different locations
- Inject slowly to allow the butter to cool and stay inside the meat
- For lower sodium injection use – low sodium stock and unsalted butter
- For Bayou injection use Bayou Dust instead of Rub a Dub
- Discard leftover solution
- Cook proteins immediately
Brining A Turkey
- Select the perfect bird, know its weight.
- Select the brine to fit your taste. Sweet, savory, garlic, Italian, etc.
- Defrost the Turkey under refrigeration then remove the bird from the bag.
- Remove any gift packages in the bird. Check the cavity and neck area
- Rinse the bird inside and out.
- Place the bird into the brine bucket
- Follow the directions on the Brine package and add your brine to 2 quarts of water in a pan on the stove.
- Heat on HIGH for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Cool the Brine mixture, add ICE water and mix well
- Add Brine bag to bucket if desired
- Place the water into the bucket. BE SURE TO COVER THE BIRD WITH BRINE.
- Place in the fridge, fridge not big enough? Use a cooler large enough to fit the bucket and ice around the sides and over the top.
- Brine for about 45 minutes per pound. Be sure not to over brine. If you desire a stronger flavor, use a stronger brine solution for the same amount of time. Example: 1.5 bags of brine for 45 minutes per pound
- Remove from the brine solution, NO NEED TO RINSE.
- Proceed to cook or smoke as you normally do. See below for cooking tips.
Adding A Rub
- Open package and remove any giblets
- Drain liquid off turkey and pat dry
- Remove and extra skin or fat that you don’t want
- Rub all over with oil
- Season to taste with preferred rub
- Allow Turkey to sit, on a cookie sheet pan for 10-15 minutes
Products Featured: InjectorBrines 5 Gallon Bucket Rubs Always follow manufacturers instructions before using any product. For more helpful tips and advice visit a neighborhood Ace or visit us online at acehardware.com Published on 10/21/2020
See FULL ARTICLE Here